REFERRALS - A GOOD WORD FOR GOOD WORK
I would like to say a few nice things about some people, organizations and products. These are not recomendations, just commendations - praise, giving credit where credit is do. These are not paid endorsements, and I am not promising anything. What I am saying is that I have read these books, talked with these peoples, used these products and services and they were good for me.
Of the many hundred of works I have come accross, these stand out:
- John Annerico's article on hiking the Estrellas. This, more than any other work, captures the spirit of the mountains. I highly recommend his book Aventuring in Arizona. Mr. Annerico is great! He is factual, informative and amusing.
- XXXXXXXXXXX work Once a River about the Gila. This book is a must to understand what the Phoenix area was like pre-1900. How things havew changed, and not for the better!
- Oldie Faulk's book on the Gila Trail, XXXXXXX. Another very good work on the events and people that made history in the Southwest, and in the Old Maricopa area. Mr Faulk is retired in Texas, but used to teach great classes at ASU.
- Charlie Postons books on the Spanish explorations and early Jesuit missions. A serious scholar, and interesting too.
- If you are into treasure, John Mitchell is the only author worth a hoot, but remember this is for entertainment value only.Southwest,
PRODUCTS AND ORGANIZATIONS
First I would like to mention three freeware products used to make this site:
HTML kit, by Chami. Free, easy and lots of support.
I would also like to note the hosting service where this site is located. For about $200 bucks a year, you get 4 sites and 5000 gigs of disk space.
Why not! a few good works about non-Estrella services I have run across...
Montis La Casa Vieja
A link to Ford
Baby sitting and cleaning
BrazilBrazil web site
real estate agent for Papago / Sherwood Heights area